[ARIN-Suggestions] Responses issued on five recent ACSP Suggestions

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Aug 10 13:27:23 EDT 2018

We have issued our initial responses to suggestions 2018.13, 2018.14,
2018.15, 2018.16, and 2018.17. All remain open, and the suggestion title,
url, and the complete text of each response can be found below.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

1. ACSP Suggestion 2018.13: RPKI-based BGP Origin Validation

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-13.html

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.13 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN enable RPKI based BGP origin validation in ARIN's own
Autonomous Systems and reject "invalid" route announcements.

We have reviewed your suggestion and note we would need to implement it
with careful consideration given to minimizing impact for customers who
may encounter situations that require they query and fix their ROAs
managed inside ARIN’s hosted RPKI solution in circumstances where they
are experiencing their own RPKI-based operational issues. Our
development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by previously
submitted community suggestions and other system improvements. We will
consider this suggestion, together with other RPKI-related community
suggestions, for inclusion into our 2019 work plan.

2. ACSP Suggestion 2018.14: Support RRDP for RPKI Publication

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-14.html

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.14 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN support the RRDP protocol (RFC8182) for RPKI publication.

We have reviewed your suggestion and confirm that it is possible for
ARIN to support RRDP, as you suggest. Our development schedule for the
2018 year is currently filled by previously submitted community
suggestions and other system improvements. We will consider this
suggestion, together with other RPKI-related community suggestions, for
inclusion into our 2019 work plan.

3. ACSP Suggestion 2018.15: Add "Routing" and "DNS" Points of Contact

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-15.html

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.15 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN add two new Point of Contact types – Routing and DNS.

This suggestion is well timed with the start of ARIN’s new Internet
Routing Registry (IRR) development. We agree with your suggestion to
include a new “Routing” point of contact type and have also received
suggestions from customers over recent years through customer service
interactions that we also add a “DNS” point of contact type. These new
additions will be included in our IRR-related development work that runs
this year through the first quarters of 2019.

4. ACSP Suggestion 2018.16: Add delete/list ROAs Endpoints to the
RESTful API

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-16.html

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.16 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN add delete/list ROAs endpoints to the API.

We have reviewed your suggestion and note that it is possible to
implement it alongside other community suggestions that also ask for
modifications to ARIN’s API. Our development schedule for the 2018 year
is currently filled by previously submitted community suggestions and
other system improvements. We will consider this suggestion, together
with other RPKI-related community suggestions, for inclusion into our
2019 work plan.

5. ACSP Suggestion 2018.17: Exempt ROA from Ticketing System

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-17.html

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.17 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN allow automated removal and addition of certain
RPKI-related objects without reliance on the ARIN ticketing system.

We have reviewed your suggestion and note that it is possible to
implement it alongside other RPKI-related community suggestions. Our