[ARIN-Suggestions] New ASCP 2018.6: Feedback on DMARC

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Apr 9 08:45:49 EDT 2018

On 4 April, we received a new suggestion, numbered 2018.6 on confirmed
receipt, that suggested that ARIN should not be getting involved with
DMARC. The full text of the suggestion is as follows:

in political things and potential lawsuits citizens can and should make
when some governments with some email providers clearly stop some email
communications.

Value to Community: I am a small ISP who has had both mine and my
customer's emails illegally stopped in my opinion and the only
explanation is it is being done by either governments or upstream ISP's
that also email providers and/or regulated telecommunications companies.
DMARC like all the other crap tried will not work until citizens are
allowed to rightfully sue over these issues. It's not wise for ARIN to
get in the middle requiring DMARC as a bandaid in my opinion.

You may view this online at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-6.html

On 6 April, we issued the following response and closed the suggestion:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.6 upon confirmed receipt,
providing feedback to ARIN on the topic of DMARC.

We recently conducted an open community consultation on the topic of
adding DMARC support for ARIN mailing lists. We will include the
information you have provided in this suggestion as additional feedback
to be considered with the feedback previously received during the open
period of the consultation.

Thank you again for participating in the ARIN Consultation and
Suggestion Process. Noting your feedback will be included with that of
the previously closed consultation on the DMARC topic, we will be
closing your suggestion and will retain documentation of it on the ACSP
section of our public website.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services