[ARIN-Suggestions] NEW ACSP Suggestion 2017.9: Changes to IP Address Widget

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Apr 7 15:44:12 EDT 2017

On 5 April, 2017, we received a new suggestion to the ARIN Consultation
and Suggestion Process.

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2017-9.html

IPv6 addresses in the "Your IPv[46] address is" field to dual stacked
hosts, with a background color change and explanatory text to indicate a
warning when the client appears to be coming from a single stacked IPv4
host.

Value to Community: Some members of the public use www.arin.net's main
page as their "what is my IP address" go-to resource. Warning when the
client does not appear to be dual-stacked will help raise awareness of
the importance of IPv6 adoption.

The submitter does not consider single stacked IPv6-only clients to be
an error or warning condition.

We will be evaluating this suggestion and issuing a formal response
within the next 10 business days.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services