[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2015.7: INCREASE VISIBILITY OF WHOIS INACCURACY REPORTING FORM

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jul 15 10:01:41 EDT 2015

ARIN has issued its final response to ACSP Suggestion 2015.7. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion is now
closed and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2015-7.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

I had hard time locating the WHOIS Inaccuracy page on the ARIN page:
https://www.arin.net/public/whoisinaccuracy/index.xhtml. Is there a way
you can place it on the ARIN main page where it will be very visible and
easy to access?

Value to Community: The benefit is to ensure the WHOIS is accurate for
operational security, abuse correction and administrative clarity. As
the WHOIS database is one of the main functions of ARIN, it is important
to have easy and clear reporting mechanisms.

*Response:*

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2015.7 upon confirmed receipt,
to make the Whois Inaccuracy Reporting page more prominent and easier to
locate on the ARIN website. Staff will be looking further into options
regarding your suggestion and follow up with a suggested plan of action
within the next couple of weeks. This suggestion will remain open until
we determine and implement a solution.

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2015.7 upon confirmed receipt,
to make the Whois Inaccuracy Reporting page more prominent and easier to
locate on the ARIN website. We have added a link to the Whois Inaccuracy
Reporting form to the homepage in the Highlights box. We hope that this
will make the reporting form easier for users to locate in the future.
This suggestion is now completed and closed.