[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2014.13: STAFF A FAST-LANE FOR IPV6 AND ASN REQUESTS

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jun 18 18:25:58 EDT 2014

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2014.13. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion is now
closed and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2014-13.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

Since Registration Services is backlogged with IPv4 requests and extra
processing measures for those requests, ARIN should devote some amount
of staff resources to providing a fast-lane for IPv6 and ASN requests so
that they are not stuck behind the backlog of requests for antiquated
protocols nearing end-of-life.

*Response:*

The Service Level Agreement (SLA) that the Registration Services
Department has committed to over the past 10 years, and in the 7 years
preceding its formalization, has been to respond to all ticket requests
within a 2 business day period. Currently, Registration Services is
working within a 2-4 business day response window for IPv4 requests, due
not only to the new operational procedures put into place when we moved
into Phase 4 of the IPv4 Countdown plan, but also in part to the
complexities we are seeing with many of the incoming IPv4 requests.

All other requests including Orgs, POCs, postmaster and Ask ARIN
questions, transfers, IPv6, and ASNs, are currently being responded to
within the designated 2 day response window. We will work diligently to
ensure these responses continue to meet our 2 business day SLA and will
evaluate ways to close the response time gap on IPv4 requests going forward.

It is our intention to keep the processing of ASN and IPv6 requests
within our SLA without the creation of a fast-lane process. We have
noted your desire that these types of requests not be slowed by the
additional processing time requirements of the fourth phase of the IPv4
countdown plan. We are committed to meeting the SLA, and thank you for
your patience.

This suggestion is now closed.