[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2014.9: ANONYMIZING INFORMATION

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jun 18 13:12:23 EDT 2014

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2012.XX. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion is now
closed and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2014-9.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

Inclusion of Registered participants, asked to anonymize their information.

This would refer to the Original Prime Contractor.

*Response:*

Thank you for suggestion, numbered 2014.9, in which you asked that your
information not be anonymized in our Whois directory service. Our Whois
service provides contact information, for network operation purposes,
associated with a large set of IP addresses (known as a "block"), usually
referring either to contacts associated with an Internet Service Provider
(ISP) or organization that received its space directly from ARIN. It does
not provide listings or contact information for individual IP addresses.

As such, your suggestion is unfortunately out-of-scope, and we are unable
to assist you. This suggestion will now be closed.