[arin-ppml] AS Number Management Study by TU Delft

Job Snijders job at fastly.com
Wed Jul 24 18:54:32 EDT 2024

Dear all,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2024 at 06:17:35AM +0800, William Herrin wrote:
> When I say "small cost," bear in mind that the RIRs do not benefit
> from the economy of scale that the DNS operators do, so you should
> expect an RIR's small cost to be more than what it costs to hold a DNS
> domain name.

As for the cost, ASN resources are slated to be charged 50 euros each
per year in the RIPE NCC region. In comparison, in 2025 RIPE NCC will
charge 75 euros for Independent number resources assignments (PI space).
https://www.ripe.net/media/documents/Option_C_RIPE_NCC_Charging_Scheme_2025.pdf

FWIW, this 2023 posting and associated thread might be of interest to some:
https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/address-policy-wg/2023-June/013757.html
and a RIPE87 update
https://ripe87.ripe.net/wp-content/uploads/presentations/73-RIPE87-Feeback-from-RS-final.pdf

Kind regards,