[arin-ppml] Revised - ARIN-2023-8: Reduce 4.1.8 Maximum Allocation

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:03:10 EST 2024

This diverts totally the objective of a RIR and puts it into a position
that none of them have ever been. RIRs are not to sell IP space. It
should remain being the entity that only allocates addresses to those
who justify for them according to approved policies and register them in
the whois database. If fees are considered high this should be a topic
to be discussed by voting members when they elect the ARIN Board of
Trustees in order that they can give direction to staff to reduce costs
they find necessary.

Waitlist can still be a source of initial IP space for new comers - if
we can eliminate this luxury of keep allocating to those who already
have some. Eliminating it only contributes to make things more difficult
to a scenario that will last for years and will not help in any
significant way to force the late ones to deploy IPv6.

Fernando