[arin-ppml] Revised - ARIN-2023-8: Reduce 4.1.8 Maximum Allocation

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:18:42 EST 2024

On 22/02/2024 02:14, Owen DeLong wrote:
> <clip>
> Yes, YOU made those decisions for YOUR network. Now you are trying to
> force those decisions (specifically deployment of CGNAT) onto others
> through policy. No sale here.

No, these decisions are made taking into account the reality of the
things, or do you think it is fine to completely disregard the IPv4
exhaustion and keep assigning scarce IPv4 resources from the waiting
list in total luxury to those who are able to go to the market and
transfer more addresses in other to fulfill their decision to not do
CGNAT ? Do you think there is any fairness on this ? Or even forcing
this method to make the waiting list more difficult to those who need
even more as a way to force - who knows who - to deploy IPv6 ?

I cannot agree there is reasonableness in keep allowing organizations
who already have any size of allocation to receive in whatever is left
for the waiting list if they have more conditions to transfer further
IPv4 space should they require. This is the fairness which is sought in
the policy development process.

Fernando