[arin-ppml] ARIN-2023-8 - Reduce 4.1.8 Maximum Allocation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Aug 14 18:14:27 EDT 2024

On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 2:09 PM Denis Motova <dmotova at brcrude.com> wrote:
> I would say that William’s approach would be highly unfair to smaller
> organizations that simply can’t afford IP space.

Hi Denis,

I don't buy that reasoning. If you look at the systemic cost of
announcing a route to the BGP system (that everybody else has to pay
annually to accommodate your presence) it still exceeds the one-time
cost of acquiring a /24 on the open market. Every ARIN registrant
spends other peoples' money, and not a small amount of it.

http://bill.herrin.us/network/bgpcost.html

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--