[arin-ppml] AC candidates

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Aug 9 18:48:15 EDT 2024

On Fri, Aug 9, 2024 at 3:24 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2024, at 6:17 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> No. No no. That's what the AC did BEFORE the board created the PDP.
>> Now they're charged with writing the policies.

> You are correct prior to 2004.

Hi John,

I think you mean 2009. The PDP was introduced in 2009 and modified in
2013. For the first 12 years of ARIN's existence, the AC could suggest
improvements to proposal authors, but the authors were in charge.

The irony is that the change was putatively made to improve the
quality of the policy proposals but since few AC members have any
training or skill at writing legalese, that has been a swing and a
miss.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--