[arin-ppml] AC Candidates (Chris Tacit)

Delong.com owen at delong.com
Sun Oct 29 01:36:49 EDT 2023

> On Oct 28, 2023, at 10:47, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 9:45 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> Ignoring the second half of that statement isn’t particularly fair play here.
>
> I like subtle things Owen, but drawing a distinction between
> discussing the discussion people had about something and discussing
> the something itself is too subtle even for me.

Not what I said. There’s quite a bit of conversation at AC meetings in my
experience that isn’t necessarily directly related to policy. It’s a collegial
bunch and though the meetings are run according to Roberts, it’s a somewhat
relaxed version of Roberts and a certain amount of informality is tolerated.

Overall, I think it provides a better result, but making a public record of
absolutely everything would be cause more problems than it would solve
IMHO.

Owen