[arin-ppml] AC candidates

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:49:55 EDT 2023

The very existence of PPML is a block and problem for IP brokers to
freely do business due to the restrictions policies developed here
impact their ability to do whatever their wish to fit to their customer
needs.
Last time I saw a IP broker representative speaking to an audience he
said with no shame that it was necessary to remove necessity to justify
for the resources in order to do a transfers. Does anyone really
believes that such person seating on the AC would be able to balance
community interests and his pay checker interests ?

In some way the greedy to freely trade with IP resources lead to a sad
and going history of fraud and dismount of an organization like AfriNic
and guess what ? AfriNic was just trying to impose the current policy
developed by the community when it all started.

So when someone say they bring a lot of experience I kind of agree, but
experience that they have learned in order to push their own business
ahead despite any community interest involved, nothing else.

Of course I am not willing throw stones on these actors and I know and
have a good relationship with some that are serious and are really
interested in facilitating transfers, but in general I am not naive to
see very much good intentions towards the community interests from them
to this and other Policy Development Forums.

Therefore yes, any person affiliated to IP broker should be seen as a
high conflict of interest.

Fernando