[arin-ppml] AC candidates

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 26 10:22:13 EDT 2023

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 6:58 AM Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
> And I agree with Fernando that affiliations or connections to
> IP brokers would be a point in their favor considering they
> are the people distributing IPv4 addresses these days.

Hi Mike,

Before considering someone affiliated with an address broker for an
ARIN position, I'd want them to demonstrate that they recognize the
conflict of interest that's likely to pose and have a well conceived
plan for addressing it.

Conflict of interest corrupts even the best intentioned. I once quit a
job I liked because despite his good intentions my boss unsuccessfully
managed his conflict of interest. It placed me in a position where I
couldn't properly oversee the prime vendor. So I'm sensitive to
conflicts of interest.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--