[arin-ppml] Section 6.1 – Potential Simplification (from the NRPM Working Group)

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at es.net
Fri Nov 17 09:22:08 EST 2023

Thus spake Matthew Wilder via ARIN-PPML (arin-ppml at arin.net) on Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 05:15:47PM -0800:
> Hello ARIN community members,
>
> I just want to remind you that we as a working group value your feedback
> and would welcome any input you might wish to offer as we consider possible
> changes to Section 6. As Chris mentioned, I wish to remind you that I will
> be posting another topic next week.
>
> For now, however, I would like to encourage you to share your consideration
> of Section 6.1 as a member of the community. Thank you Owen for doing so
> already.

I am somewhat indifferent, as on one hand it's not policy as much as it
is now a historical footnote.  That said, it may be of value to codify
that section 6 only applies to 2000::/3 as it stands today.  A future
block from IANA could concieveably have a different set of allocation
policies, or at least "forcing" the evaluation of that should be
considered.

Dale