[arin-ppml] Introduction to potential changes to five sections within section 6 of the NRPM

Christian Tacit ctacit at tacitlaw.com
Mon Nov 13 09:59:38 EST 2023

Dear ARIN Community Members,

The NRPM Working Group is now focusing its attention on Section 6 of the NRPM. In reviewing the provisions of this Section, we have identified five areas that could benefit from simplification. Given the recent discussions on PPML encouraging greater participation by the ARIN Community in policy development, we would like to canvass the Community with respect to the potential changes that could be made in each case and to solicit any proposals that may be forthcoming from Community members regarding these topics, before the Working Group takes any further action on these items.

Since we do not want to overwhelm PPML with threads relating to each potential set of changes at once, Matthew Wilder, Brian Jones and I will be staggering the start of the threads relating to the various areas during November and December.

The first email discussion thread will deal with section 6.1 and will follow shortly.

Kind regards,

Chris Tacit
NRPM Working Group Chair