[arin-ppml] Policy Experience Report Working Group Leasing Question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun May 7 15:32:47 EDT 2023

On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 11:22 AM Michael B. Williams via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
> The waitlist should not be designed for companies simply to make money by "waiting" in line as a spot holder than reselling the IP addresses.

We could also just eliminate the waitlist. That's my preferred
solution. When addresses become available for allocation and
assignment, have ARIN contract one of the IP brokers to sell it per
the in-region specified transfer rules. No free addresses, no
incentive to cheat.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--