[arin-ppml] RPKI for Reallocations

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jun 23 14:35:44 EDT 2023

On 2023-06-23 13:24, Fernando Frediani wrote:
> I don't think this should be allowed to happen. ROAs are to be created
> by organizations who receive the allocation from the RIR as ultimatelly
> they remain responsible for that IP space. If they have allocated a
> block to a customer they should be the ones responsible for creating any
> ROAs they need for that IP space (in fact ideally they should create for
> the whole IP space anyway).

Keep in mind that I'm talking about $BIGISP reallocating to $LITTLE_ISP
(who has an ARIN OrgID an an AS that originates routes), possibly
decades back when (I'm told) such a thing was REQUIRED if $LITTLE_ISP
was too little.

I am not talking about $ISP reallocating to an end user customer.

--
Richard