[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 06:43:21 EDT 2022

Dear ARIN-PPML,

Le samedi 25 juin 2022, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

> Easy enough to check for yourself…

Hi Owen,
Thanks for your email, brother :-)

What i was asking for is more the practical context...

> https://www.arin.net/about/corporate/agreements/office_acknowledgement.pdf
>
> The attestation form is at the link above.

Well received, with thanks!

> No mention of perjury,

Exactly! as is, there is still a room for fraudsters :-/
But ARIN has a valuable experience in dealing with
these kind of situations...i think :-/

> but most business contracts aren’t signed under
>  penalty of perjury.

Probably a good reason to explore the benefit of
that missing tool?

> You don’t really need to sign under penalty of perjury to put yourself on
> the hook for civil and criminal fraud liability if you
> signed the contract with intent to deceive in order to acquire something
> of value.

You are, absolutely, right! imho...
Many thanks, for this interesting clarification, Owen.

If you are also right for any other; then it confirms
the usefulness of this currently missing part of the
tool ;-)

...add it and you keep away most of the fraudsters!

Shalom,
--sb.

--

Best Regards !