[arin-ppml] AFRINIC vote buying

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Jun 2 18:28:05 EDT 2022

In message <C916643D-39C6-4500-8785-867AEB2FFACC at delong.com>,
Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> On Jun 1, 2022, at 14:52 , Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>>
>> So, just to be clear about this Owen, are you asserting that, contrary to
>> the first-person testimony contained in the video, there are not now, and
>> there have not been, within, say, the preceeding calendar year, back from today,
>> any attempts to purchase "voting rights" from any member organization of
>> AFRINIC, and that no member of AFRINIC has been either offered or given any
>> kind of compensation, renumeration, inducement, or "investment" of any kind
>> which has been conditioned upon the receiving member either changing its
>> official vote(s) or giving over control of said vote(s) to any other party
>> or parties?
>
>I am not. I have no idea one way or the other whether that has occurred
>or not.

Well, it is not exactly a secret that you are or have been employed by a
certain not-really-african shell company, inccorporated in the "offshore"
jurisdiction of the Seychelles Islands, and which has been vigorously
contesting, via any any and every means possible, AFRINIC's decision to
revoke its IPv4 allocations, for cause, including but not limited to
litigation.

It is also not hard to intuit that the vote buying scheme described in the
video likely traces back to that same company -- a company that would
seem to have reason to want to engineer a "hostile takeover" of the
AFRINIC Board of Directors, again via any and every means available.

Given that you do now work for this company, or that you have worked for
this company in the relatively recent past, I must ask if your claimed
total ignorance of this underhanded scheme is a result of your natural
lack of curiosity, or if your state of ongoing abject ignorance of these
matters may perhaps be the result of your deliberate desire not to know.

In either case, I would ask that you make appropriate inquiries with your
paymaster and get back to us in order to let the ARIN community know if
there is any shred of truth to the rather stunning claim that a coordinated
scheme to buy the votes of AFRINIC member organizations has in fact been
put into effect.

No hurry.  We'll wait.

Regards,
rfg