[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 25 16:38:19 EDT 2022

On 25 Jul 2022, at 4:28 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com<mailto:rfg at tristatelogic.com>> wrote:
I personally believe that ARIN has no legally enforcable obligations to
any party that it has no explicit contract with.

Ronald -

Alas, that’s likely true, but also must be reversed.

It is those without agreement who must show that ARIN has some obligation to manage our
registry in the manner that as they wish…   quite a tall order for a party with no contract,
particular given that we were formed to manage it accordingly to the community’s wishes.

ARIN’s willing to provide basic registry services without contract or fee, but we have yet to see
any party present an obligation enforceable against ARIN for how we operate the registry.

(ARIN has quite a few obligations to its members and contracted customers, and they govern
how the registry is administered.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran