[arin-ppml] Thanks! - and a couple of reminders... (was: Re: CEO that takes the time to answer all questions)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 20:08:49 EDT 2022

Dear ARIN-PPML,
Hope this email finds you in good health!

Please see my comments below, inline...
Thanks.

Le dimanche 24 juillet 2022, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Sure John, I always seek to do.

Hi Fernando,
Thanks for your email, brother!

> However these type of things have to be questioned publicly.
> I don't really agree that most things should be a topic for arin-discuss
> really. Many will, but not all that is not necessarily linked to a specific
> proposal. Just a few examples can be: how this own mail-list works, how the
> AC is structured, ideas of possible policy proposals to be presented here,
> etc

...i agree with all the above...imho! the purpose of
the PPML as writen should not be interpreted as
only allowed to emails with subject with a code
referencing a Policy Proposal (PP)...because it
might be necessary to discuss Policy Ideas (PI)
before drafting a more formal PP. Call it pré-Policy
 Discussions (pPD) ;-)

> I hope whenever a possible change gets to be discussed, if that´s the
> community feeling, it doesn't get blocked because a few people from ARIN
> think otherwise.

:-)

John! is it you, brother? then please, let's know
where to adjust anything to solve that *problem*...

...and the "community-discuss" mailing list should
 not be considered as a suitable tool for pPD :-/

Shalom,
--sb.

--

Best Regards !