[arin-ppml] Thanks! - and a couple of reminders... (was: Re: CEO that takes the time to answer all questions)

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:26:50 EDT 2022

Hello

This doesn't look nice, either the way it is written or the way it is
understood by ARIN.
Policy-related ideas and issues can mean a lot of things, including
facts that happen in other RIRs or general Internet Governance area that
can impact that was people discuss and agree on policies here. This is
fundamental to make up peoples mind when putting their reasons for
supporting or not a proposal.

I can understand ARIN possible concerns in order to avoid turning this
email list in a general discuss list that could end up putting away
truly interested people, but in the other hand it is necessary to be
flexible enough to not close abruptly any discussions that are raised
here and that is not necessarily attached to a given proposal or draft
and be able to separate the different type of discussions which we know
is not an easy thing

The text as it is looks fine for me, but if ARIN still chooses to not
interpret in a different and more flexible way I would be happy to
support whatever necessary changes to make it in such way.

Thanks for the clarification around this topic
Regards
Fernando