[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jul 15 10:25:01 EDT 2022

> On 15 Jul 2022, at 10:12 AM, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 15/07/2022 11:04, John Curran wrote:
>>  <clip>
>>>
>>> Hopefully this works out well and any type of information brought to any RIR in such manner gets investigated and in the worst case scenario resources get revoked as they should.
>>>
>> No – parties that wish to bring information necessitating a review of a resource request should use the described reporting process, as ARIN will not act off allegations of this nature made on ARIN-ppml nor are such allegations conformant with the purpose of this mailing list.
> Sure John. Whenever I have a case myself I would be glad to report via this informed process.
>
> Just a quick clarification: in such situations does the investigated member gets to know or have the right ti know who reported it or is it something that doesn't really matter for the context and ARIN preserves the source of information ?

We exclude the report submitter information during our investigation and reporting to preserve anonymity of the submitter.

(Note that, If appropriate, ARIN may refer fraud reports to the appropriate government and/or law enforcement agencies and cannot assure anonymity of such reports.)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers