[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 14 17:35:12 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 2:18 PM Matthew Petach <mpetach at netflight.com> wrote:
> Note that if there's actual indications of wrongdoing, we already
> have a means to file a complaint with ARIN, as John has repeatedly
> pointed out.

Hi Matthew,

I think maybe you missed my point. We don't know how ARIN would treat
Ronald's information if filed in a formal complaint and can't
rationally discuss whether that enforcement is consistent with our
policy-level expectations because ARIN doesn't publish enough details
about the complaints, their investigations and the results. There
ought to be a way to open that black box without unduly harming the
folks who get investigated. Like making it all public upon the
investigation's conclusion when all the information is on the table.
Upon finding the complaint unsubstantiated, ARIN could even offer the
registrant the opportunity to redact anything they considered a trade
secret before publication. We'd still end up with a heck of a lot more
information and quite possibly enough information to inform a policy
discussion.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--