[arin-ppml] ARIN Prop 314 - Clean up of NRMP section 2.17

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 14 13:14:30 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 7:57 AM WOOD Alison * DAS
<Alison.WOOD at das.oregon.gov> wrote:
> Problem Statement:
>
> Although the term “IANA” appears throughout Section 10 of the NRPM, there is no reference to any definition of the term. This proposal defines the term with reference to appropriate ICANN documentation.

Hi Alison,

Base section 2 (just prior to section 2.1) explains that IANA is the
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority. If you want to expand that, I'd
repeat the core sentence from the ICANN document in addition to
referring to it: "IANA, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, is an
administrative function of the Internet that keeps track of IP
addresses, domain names, and protocol parameter identifiers that are
used by Internet standards."

Although I'm not sure the ICANN document is accurate... I hadn't heard
of IANA having anything to do with domain names.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
For hire. https://bill.herrin.us/resume/