[arin-ppml] ARIN Prop 310 - NRPM 2.1 and 2.2

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 14 13:06:02 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 7:57 AM WOOD Alison * DAS
<Alison.WOOD at das.oregon.gov> wrote:
> My name is Alison Wood and I am one of the assigned shepherds to prop 310.  The proposal would like to change the phrase “IP address space” to “Internet numbering resources” in section 2.1 and “address space” to “numbering resources” in section 2.2.

Hi Alison,

The purpose of the section is to explain things to people who aren't
insiders. Using an insider term like "number resources" without
explanation makes things about as clear as mud.

Try, "Internet number resources such as IP addresses." Actually, I'd
correct base section 2 the same way and keep repeating it throughout
the definitions so that no matter where folks jump in it's
comprehensible.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--