[arin-ppml] ARIN Prop 310 - NRPM 2.1 and 2.2

WOOD Alison * DAS Alison.WOOD at das.oregon.gov
Thu Jul 14 10:57:28 EDT 2022

Good afternoon!

My name is Alison Wood and I am one of the assigned shepherds to prop 310.  The proposal would like to change the phrase "IP address space" to "Internet numbering resources" in section 2.1 and "address space" to "numbering resources" in section 2.2.

I value your opinion.  Please let me know if you feel this is an editorial change and if you have any concerns with the verbiage.  See the full proposal below:

Problem Statement:

This proposal continues the work that the ARIN AC NRPM Clean-up Working Group undertook to conduct an editorial review of the NRPM. It relates specifically to Sections 2.1 and 2.2. The focus of this proposal is to increase the consistency of terminology employed in the NRPM.

Policy statement:

In Section 2.1, change the text "IP address space" to "Internet numbering resources", and in Section 2.2, change the text "address space" to "numbering resources" to reflect all of the types of Internet numbering resources administered by the types of entities defined in those sections.

Timetable for implementation: Immediate

Thank you!

-Alison Wood