[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:07:04 EDT 2022

Yes agree it is not possible, but in real practice world it is not
reasonable someone with such a large chunk IPv4 address at this stage
keep using them for internal proposes, although I hardly believe that is
the case. The reasons may be other which I don't want to speculate here
as I have don't evidence.
Also it is correct ARIN community never developed a policy in that way,
but when that was discussed in the past maybe the scenario was
significantly different and now a days there are growing issue due to
IPv4 exhaustion to everybody and the feeling I have is that there are
still large holders with idle resources for years keeping them for
nothing. In my view that is not a reasonable thing for the entire
Internet community. What good does it to do Internet for now or even in
long term ?

Whatever the reason is they should not remain idle and at this stage and
keep accepting the 'acquired rights' to leave things as they are does
not good to the Internet community.
I recognize it is not easy discussion to have here or even a policy to
reach consensus, but as mentioned in the email thread the community
still holds that right.

Regarding justifications I still find it hard for a entire organization
or even a worldwide company that is not from the telecommunications or
hosting sector to be able to justify the need for over 16 milling
individual IPv4 addresses, even if they assigned an individual address
to each Desktop of they employees.

Fernando