[arin-ppml] The annual limit on total maintenance fees for legacy number resources under the ARIN fee schedule

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 14 16:54:43 EDT 2022

> On Apr 13, 2022, at 04:04, hostmaster at uneedus.com wrote:
>
> I think some resource holders have avoided even signing the LRSA because doing so gives them something "Free", and who does not like "Free".

Well, in fairness, I signed the LRSA on the pretext that it was effectively free to do so and it was the community-minded thing to do.

The board subsequently didn’t just raise fees, they restructured the entire way in which fees are computed, to the detriment of LRSA signatories.

> I often wonder if those who do this are also the leaders in the avoid IPv6 movement, since IPv6 major adoption ends their free lunch.

Obviously, I can’t speak for most of those who have been smart enough to reject the LRSA, but I will say that most of the ones I know have been early IPv6 adopters and look forward to a day when IPv4 is no longer significantly relevant as an internet technology.  Certainly, nobody can credibly accuse me of being involved in the avoid IPv6 movement.

Owen