[arin-ppml] nonsense about unrealized awareness from legacy resource holders

Jo Rhett geek at jorhett.com
Wed Apr 13 02:03:23 EDT 2022

> I also agree that it is time to end that fiction, and to put these holders on notice that these resources might be recovered.  However, I do measure the value of the recovery against the worth of the resources, and find that eventually that money would be better spent going to IPv6.

Probably not. And yet the privilege and rights of legacy holders remains the primary topic on the list, comprising the majority of conversations here. So we continue and continue and continue forever and ever to debate the rights of legacy holders. It's the primary topic of this week, this month, last month, and it's been a rare month in the history of this list that we aren't still giving up the majority of space to debate these never assigned, imaginary privileges claimed by people.

Let's stop giving any air time to the supposed rights of people who don't want to play by the rules everyone else agrees to. Let's focus this list on policy of the members who agreed to collaborate, not those who keep insisting they don't have to play as equals.

--
Jo Rhett