[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Sep 22 23:22:58 EDT 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 8:01 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
> I will note that most of the sections which specifically call out staff discretion or give staff discretion are more than 10 years old and that when same has come up almost any time in the last 10 years among the AC, the staff representative on the AC has requested that we minimize staff discretion in policies.

That's because staff discretion generally has to be interpreted in the
manner most favorable to the registrant. Unless the intent was to be
-more- permissive, which it usually isn't, that leads to results the
policy was supposed to prevent.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--