[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Sep 22 23:00:58 EDT 2021

> On Sep 22, 2021, at 13:56 , Chris Woodfield <chris at semihuman.com> wrote:
>
> I disagree. There are a number of other parts of the NRPM that explicitly gives ARIN staff the discretion to consider whether or not a specific request or allocation is in line with policy, and this discretion is put in place specifically to avoid the sort of whack-a-mole (yes, I’m happy to keep using that phrase) technical workaround arms race that would need to be engaged in otherwise.

I will note that most of the sections which specifically call out staff discretion or give staff discretion are more than 10 years old and that when same has come up almost any time in the last 10 years among the AC, the staff representative on the AC has requested that we minimize staff discretion in policies.

Owen