[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Mon Sep 13 17:43:24 EDT 2021

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Helping them to find IPv4 just kicks the can down the road a bit more.
It helps them right now. What it doesnt help is the state of IPv6
deployment. Which most users could care less about. Its just your (most
noble) goal, and you would have us all ignore others' needs of today for
your vision in the who-knows-when future.

>> Which is where we began.
>>

> And your goal is to stay there, beginning over and over and over and
> over again, never advancing, until you die of old age or retire and it
> then becomes someone else's problem.

My goal here is to encourage people to step back and consider what has
actually happened and how and to learn from that. My hope is that the
self governance model survives this self inflicted disaster.

> Now people are trying the "manipulate regulations and take IPv4 away
> from people"

In the abstract, I am not one of those people.

> Just because kicking people's asses to get IPv6 deployed isn't going to
> help someone who doesn't have IP4 RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it's a wasted
> effort like you claim.

The fact that it has failed for 20 years means exactly that.

Joe