[arin-ppml] Changes needed to ARIN Number Resource Policy?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Sep 12 21:20:44 EDT 2021

Mike -

Start here - https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/appendix_b/

i.e. Fill out the proposal template, including a problem statement, and it will go the the ARIN AC to begin its policy proposal journey...

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers

On 12 Sep 2021, at 8:11 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com<mailto:mike at iptrading.com>> wrote:

---- On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:38:10 -0400 Joe Maimon <jmaimon at chl.com<mailto:jmaimon at chl.com>> wrote ----

John Curran wrote:
> ARIN Public Policy List Participants -
>
> At this point we’ve enjoyed a long and robust discussion of many topics ranging from merits of leasing address space to the long-term expectations for IPv6 displacement of IPv4.
>
> I would ask that folks now submit any policy proposals that they feel appropriate so that we may continue discussion on the list in a more focused manner on specific proposals as that is the primary purpose of this mailing list.
>
> Thanks!
> /John

Replace
2.4. Local Internet Registry (LIR)
A Local Internet Registry (LIR) is an IR that primarily assigns address space to the users of the network services that it provides. LIRs are generally Internet Service Providers (ISPs), whose customers are primarily end users and possibly other ISPs.

With

2.4. Local Internet Registry (LIR)
A Local Internet Registry (LIR) is an IR that primarily assigns address space to users of network services. LIRs are generally Internet Service Providers (ISPs), whose customers are primarily end users and possibly other ISPs.

That should do it.

Regards,
Mike