[arin-ppml] [ARIN] [PPML] Changes needed to ARIN Number Resource Policy?

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun Sep 12 17:21:40 EDT 2021

> John Curran wrote :
> I would ask that folks now submit any policy proposals that they feel appropriate
> so that we may continue discussion on the list in a more focused manner on specific
> proposals as that is the primary purpose of this mailing list.

I propose that ARIN stops spending time and resources trying to shove IPv6 down my throat. It is not working with me, and it is not working with many others.

Besides that, I have supported the creation of IPv6 PI, the handling of the Nortel / Microsoft thing, the Registered Transfer Facilitators, and the latest development with the Afrinic thing. I am not RIR-shopping. Yet.

> https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/ipv6/
> Why Do You Need IPv6? Now that IPv4 is depleted, there are extra costs associated with staying IPv4-only, which will likely increase over time.
> On the other hand, it is easy to get IPv6 from ARIN, there are generally no additional costs for ISPs, and fees were recently reduced for end users.

This is flat out biased. Dual-stacking for 20 years has not done anything but cost money.
I oppose ARIN promoting IPv6. ARIN should be neutral in the matter.

Michel.