[arin-ppml] AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Sep 6 16:18:30 EDT 2021

In message <CAOacvLF_OyKu2xSoK_KAWmUEXD5PuMiJwnN5meC1KRfW1-M_yA at mail.gmail.com>,
Christian Orozco <chresgoro at gmail.com> wrote:

>Cloud Innovation serves hundreds of networks, some of which are considered
>as the largest telecommunication companies in the world and the largest
>Cloud service providers even.
>It would totally help to check the BGP first for your information. That
>will best answer your question.

You made an assertion that CI was serving "millions" of end users.  I've
asked you to support that assertion with hard evidence.  You have provided
none.  Thus, I remain unpersuaded.  And yes, I *have* looked at the BGP
data, and much more.

In fact the one and only really large telecom company that I have seen as
"being served" by Cloud Innovantion is China Telecom.  If there are others
that are obtaining service from Cloud Innovantion (and not the other way
around) and where that fact can be demonstrated, then by all means, please
proceed and present that evidence.

In contrast to the picture you have painted, what I have seen, based on the
admittedly set of data points I have looked at, is that Cloud Innovantion
appears to serve a relatively small number (in the hundreds) of companies,
mostly ones in Hong Kong that are, by and large, of relatively recent vintage.
Those CI customers in turn appear to each have relatively few unique customers,
with many of them apparently specializing in running large "cookie cutter"
SEO web farms.

Regards,
rfg