[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Sep 5 16:13:31 EDT 2021

On 5 Sep 2021, at 3:43 PM, arin-ppml at arin.net wrote:
> Oh I imagine it took a lot of back and forth between everyone, but it was the right thing to do. How long did it take between the time the process was initiated and the first justice decision ?

See my earlier reply to Owen - it has links to the various source material including timeline.   Short version is that the ARIN Board was worried about this in 2007, and there was substantial policy work in 2008 and 2009.

> Not being directly involved, I was under the impression that the Nortel / Microsoft thing was some kind of a catalyst to making it happen.

The ARIN specified transfer policy was adopted in 2009 and there were transfers in both 2009 and 2010 before the Nortel/Microsoft came on the scene in 2011.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO