[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Sep 5 13:05:32 EDT 2021

> i.e. it was the presence of a transfer policy that enabled forward progress in the region, as absence of such would have led to a rather indeterminate state given the rapidly growing expectations in this regard.

Indeed, if I remember the history correctly, the board strong-armed the AC on the issue in question, making very strong suggestions that if we didn’t move such a policy forward, they would. Then, once we did move a policy forward, the board decided they didn’t like it and used the emergency process to create a significantly different one, leading to significant community outrage followed by some significant reforms to the emergency PDP in the region.

If you remember the history differently, feel free to correct me.

Owen