[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Sep 5 08:21:23 EDT 2021

Scott -

	Indeterminate…  When it comes to intangible assets, there are accounting standards that have one consider things like how the asset was obtained (developed versus purchased, cost, fair-market value, useful lifetime, impairment, etc.)

	This means what organization ultimately decides to show as an "intangible asset" on their balance sheet is involves significant judgements in application of these standards to their circumstances, and is hence impossible to categorically state from an external viewpoint.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO