[arin-ppml] AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed Sep 1 22:31:21 EDT 2021

> Ronald F. Guilmette wrote :
> I think that you are overlooking the obvious.

I should have tagged it with <sarcasm>.

That being said, and I'm not happy about it, but it appears to me that the best course of action is to support John and ARIN in this matter. No matter how imperfect AFRINIC is, and acknowledging that they mostly created the problem by allowing this to happen, it would be even worse to allow CI to prevail, even in a court in Mauritius.

>> Michel Py wrote:
>> I don't think it's right to make money leasing IP addresses that were obtained by the millions for a somehow low cost.

> Noah wrote :
> About 80k.
> Cloud Innovation become a resource member back in 2013, meaning they have been a member for 7 - 8 years now.
> As such, assuming they pay $10,000/- times 8 years = $80,000/- in my humble opinion.

Which amounts to pennies per IP, which makes leasing them in another RIR a cash cow.

Michel.