[arin-ppml] AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Sep 1 22:13:06 EDT 2021

In message <F04ED1585899D842B482E7ADCA581B84A9C422F6 at newserver.arneill-py.local>,
Michel Py <michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us> wrote:

>No simple yes/no response even from AfriNic ? If you are the one asking
>the question ?

I think that you are overlooking the obvious.

It is implicit in the action that AFRINIC took (i.e. to reclaim the space)
and it also has been stated by AFRINIC in clear terms publicly that in the
opinion of the staff... and, as I understand it, also the Board... the answer
is a clear "no", i.e. it is their concerted and considered opinion that
Cloud Innovantion has -not- been using its assigned AFRINIC IPv4 blocks in
a manner consistant with the company's several requests for these blocks
and/or in a manner which is consistant with the justification documents
that were submitted by the company in relation to those allocations.

So, you know, there is no open question in relation to AFRINIC or its
position here.  Rather, I believe that John was making reference to the
fact that on some other mailing lists elsewhere, Owen, in particular, was
repeatedly asked if it is Cloud Innovantion's position that nothing has
changed (with respect to how the IPv4 blocks are being used) between the
time that those allocations were granted and the present day.

In those email exchanges elsewhere, Owen has been insistent that he's already
answered the question, and that all we need to do is to find the one public
post of his where he provided this purported definitive answer.

Bloodhounds, magnifying glasses, and deerstalker tweed caps have been
deployed in search of Owen's alleged prior public answer, so far to no
avail, leaving said answer to remain listed among the missing.  Assistance
is currently being requested from Robert Ballard in the ongoing search.

Regards,
rfg