[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:48:35 EDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 10:03 AM Michael Peddemors <michael at linuxmagic.com>
wrote:

> -1, I appose.
>
> Anything that further waters down the requirement for a valid abuse
> 'email' harms the internet as a whole.  We are still waiting for more
> ARIN action on invalid data, and more enforcement on the requirement to
> respond to abuse reports using the current methods.

Wholeheartedly agree. This is out of scope. We already have a valid abuse
approach. Whether it is useful or not is irrelevant: this proposal won't
fix or improve it regardless. Read the "Problem Statement"
https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/proposals/2021/ARIN_prop_303_orig/
There are also legal and liability implications. There may not be any for
ARIN, there are some for network operators. I don't see a single benefit to
spending time on such a proposal.

This also caught my eye: *Timetable for implementation:* Whenever

Must not be that important after all.

-1

Warm regards,

-M<