[arin-ppml] AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sat Aug 28 14:53:20 EDT 2021

Although I have, at present, a number of outstanding disagreements with
Owen DeLong on a range of issues, I would just like to echo what seems
to be his sentiment, i.e. that it would be helpful if there existed something
like an arin-discuss@ or arin-talk@ mailing list where topics of relevance
to ARIN but not clearly associated with any specific pending policy proposal
could be more freely discussed without violating the list charter.

It is my hope that any already planned technical work in this direction may
be completed expeditiously.

As Owen noted, other regions do operate exactly such generalized discussion
lists.

Regards,
rfg