[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-1: ASN Clarifications to Sections 2, 8 and 10

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu Apr 15 19:06:43 EDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 06:40:19PM -0400, Martin Hannigan wrote:
[snip]
> It is. However, the text in Section 10 has to be agreed by all five RIR's
> which means it goes off to global policy land. Just thinking out of the
> box. Normally, I would agree, but changing section 10 for editorial changes
> is a problem regardless.

Then IMO we should incorporate into the developing style guide
"don't touch section 10".

> > The AC shepherds have the pen, so they certainly can sever the trivial
> > change to section 10 if it is truly believed to trigger the End Times.
> >
> I could be wrong. If it goes forward and I am, beer is on me. But you'll be
> waiting at least two years in theory. Which is still a waste of time for
> such a change IMHO. However, if it does go forward, count on me to start
> the when is a change a change discussion.

Point is, the shepherds could trim the section 10 bit and move it
along if non-substantive changes to section 10 is really a problem.

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling