[arin-ppml] Oppose Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Tue Nov 3 10:04:40 EST 2020

Hi Paul,

I should have said “without a change in wait-list processing rules.”

Certainly what the Board did was within their purview and appropriate in my view.

But it was a decidedly unusual situation that prompted the cessation of the waiting list, not the normal timing anybody on that list could reasonably expect from a natural change in policy. Leaving them in a quandary, really twisting in the wind.

An unusual situation, unrelated to these list participants, prompted a change in policy that ended up excluding them. All this policy seeks to do is provide redress for that particular population affected by this unusual situation.

But it seems the situation is not to be considered by many, and the new proposal evaluated de novo in an atmosphere that has explicitly changed to favor small holders over large holders in terms of access to the pool. I can appreciate that, things happen, but when it’s in our ability to mitigate unfairness related to change without much cost, I favor doing that.

Regards,
Mike