[arin-ppml] Oppose Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2

Paul Andersen paul at arin.net
Mon Nov 2 18:10:30 EST 2020

> On Nov 2, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
>
> ARIN got wind of fraud and the Executive Board unilaterally ceased Waiting List processing without a change in rules.

Hi,

ARIN uses the ARIN Policy Development Process (The “PDP”) to produce Number Policy that ARIN ultimately follows.

Section 10.2 of the PDP allows the ARIN Board of Trustees, upon receiving credible information that a policy is flawed in such a way that it may cause significant problems if it continues to be followed, the Board of Trustees may suspend the policy and request a recommendation from the AC on how to proceed.

In this case the Board reviewed the data provided and decided this was the correct course of action.

I’m not sure I would agree with your characterization of “without a change in the rules”.

Cheers,

Paul Andersen
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees