[arin-ppml] ARIN-2019-19 Require IPv6 before receiving Section 8 IPv4 Transfers

Mike Lewinski mlewinski at massivenetworks.com
Mon Jan 13 14:34:46 EST 2020

On 1/13/20 9:06 AM, Andrew Dul wrote:

> Do you support any IPv6 requirements on an IPv4 transfer?
>
> Would you support IPv6 requirements for receiving a block via the ARIN
> wait-list?

Yes and yes.

We made a plan to adopt IPv6 after I attended the ARIN on the Road in Denver on June 13, 2017

I see from my documentation that we initialized the first IPv6 interface on July 11, 2017. By the end of that month we'd turned up our first customer (and enabled it for our own web site and DNS servers).

Now more than two years later we have just two customers using it. Several have expressed interest but not followed through on setting up. It's probably time for us to start assigning v6 with every v4 we hand out, so that it will spur more thought on adoption.