[arin-ppml] ARIN-2019-19 Require IPv6 before receiving Section 8 IPv4 Transfers

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Mon Jan 13 12:06:18 EST 2020

Happy New Year everyone...

We had a robust discussion on this list before the New Year, but it was
clear that we don't have consensus on the current draft.  Thus to help
move this draft forward...  I'm proposing a couple of questions to see
if we can find middle ground here to update the text of the draft policy.

The policy as written today would require organizations who wish to
obtain an IPv4 transfer to complete a limited scope IPv6 deployment.

Do you support any IPv6 requirements on an IPv4 transfer?

Would you support IPv6 requirements for receiving a block via the ARIN
wait-list?

Do you support different IPv6 deployment criteria that would qualify an
organization for a IPv4 transfer?  (Such as, just requiring the org to
have an IPv6 allocation or assignment from ARIN)  Please propose
different IPv6 criteria that you would support if the current criteria
is unacceptable.

Thanks for your comments on this draft,

Andrew

===

*Current Policy Statement:*

In section 8.5.2, add the following language to the end of the paragraph
entitled “Operational Use”:

Such operational network must at minimum include an allocation or
assignment by ARIN of IPv6 address space under the same Org ID receiving
the transferred IPv4 space. Such Org must be able to prove this IPv6
space is being routed by using it to communicate with ARIN.

In the event the receiver provides a written statement from its upstream
that IPv6 connectivity is unavailable, the IPv6 requirement may be waived.

===