[arin-ppml] Revised - Draft Policy ARIN-2020-8: Clarify and Update 4.2.1.2 Annual Renewal Fee

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 15 17:42:45 EST 2020

[really big snips]

> In the interest of both simplification and striving to eliminate
> the fee or contract details within policy, I'm a fan of Mr Woodfield's
> suggestion for simple generalization. What do folks think about:
>
> 2.X Registration Services Agreement (RSA)
>
> Number resources allocated or assigned by ARIN under these policies are
> subject to a contractural agreement between ARIN and the resource holder.
> Throughout this document, any and all forms of this agreement, past or
> future, is simply referred to as the Registration Services Agreement
> (RSA).  This agreement covers terms, rights, responsibilities and
> conditions of service; failure to adhere to the RSA may result in
> revocation of number resources.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joe

I like it, but I suggest “…are simply referred to by the term Registration Services Agreement (RSA)…”

Alternatively, “…each and every form of this agreement (past, present, and future), is referred to as…”

I would leave off the last sentence. It gets into spelling out what’s contained in the RSA which I believe is out of scope for the PDP.

To clarify, proposed alternate version:

2.X Registration Services Agreement (RSA)
Number resources allocated or assigned by ARIN under these policies are
subject to a contractural agreement between ARIN and the resource holder.
Throughout this document, any and all forms of this agreement, past or
future, are simply referred to as the Registration Services Agreement
(RSA).

Owen